Hi Barbie! Barbie (Iman) here! Coming in hot with the perfect dessert for your Barbie themed celebration. As we prepare for the exciting Jersey City Party Character's Barbie Party on Monday, September 11th, from 5-7 pm, (Shoutout too HDSID for sponsoring !) I'm excited to share the Barbie "Tiramisu" recipe I created with you guys . This recipe is super easy to make and perfect to get the kids involved in making since it doesn't need to be baked. It combines classic tiramisu with the eastern flavours I grew up with to create a perfect pink dessert for your barbie party. Delicate ladyfingers soaked in fragrant rose tea, layered with a luscious, pink mascarpone filling to create a dessert that's not only irresistibly delicious but also a visual delight. Get ready to indulge in a sweet treat that's as vibrant and enchanting as Barbie herself!
Recipe by Iman, Owner of Jersey City Party Characters
For the Barbie Pink Mascarpone Filling:
- 16 oz (450g) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbs whipping cream
- 2 tbs powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- Pink food coloring (gel or liquid) to achieve the desired shade of pink
For Assembling and Decorating:
- Strong brewed rose tea, cooled (enough to soak the ladyfingers)
- 3-4 tablespoons Rooh Afza (rose syrup)
- 2 tsp rose water
- 1 pack of Ladyfingers
- Barbie Pink edible glitter or sprinkles for decoration
- Barbie-themed decorations (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, mix the Rooh Afza
syrup, rose tea, and rose water. Set aside.
2. Prepare the Barbie Pink Mascarpone:
Add cold mascarpone cheese to a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons heavy cream, rose water, and pink food color. Using a hand mixer, whip on high for at least 45 seconds until the color is incorporated well. The mascarpone should be lump free and smooth
3. Dip each ladyfinger into the rose mixture just long enough to saturate them without over soaking. Lady fingers absorb moisture very quickly, so move fast.
4. Arrange a layer of soaked ladyfingers at the bottom of your serving dish.
4. Spread a layer of the pink mascarpone filling on top of the soaked ladyfingers.
5. Repeat the layers, alternating between ladyfingers and the pink mascarpone mixture until you run out of ingredients. Finish with a layer of the mascarpone mixture on top.
6. Cover and refrigerate the tiramisu for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the flavors and filling to set in.
7. Before serving, decorate the Barbie Pink Tiramisu with edible glitter, sprinkles, and any Barbie-themed decorations you like.
Also, I know that shopping online takes time, so I've put together an Amazon list of Barbie party decor that includes cake decorations that will go perfectly with your tiramisu.